JESUS NAVARRO Biography
Jesús Navarro was born in Jerez, (Cadiz), located in southern Spain, in 1952. By the age of twelve his artistic talents led him to the local school of arts and crafts (Escuela de Artes y Oficios de Jerez) where he studied painting and sculpture. At this time he also became the apprentice of locally renowned painter, Ramírez Toro, under which Navarro learned the complex techniques of classical painting.
In 1971, Navarro moved to Barcelona where he began a phase of self-teaching, focusing on combining classical techniques along with his newly discovered self interests in detailed formation of compositions. At the age of 25, Navarro partnered with other painters along with the City Hall of Barcelona to create the Escuela de Arte Tres en Raya where he was the director.
In 1996, Navarro’s work was part of a collective exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Miami, Florida. The museum acquired a piece from this exhibition for their permanent collection.
Navarro’s work has continued to grow in popularity allowing him to exhibit his work in Spanish cities such as Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia and in Scotland, China, and the United States.
The art of Navarro is found in private collections in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
JESUS NAVARRO Resumé
- 1974 First exhibition at the Savings Bank of Zamora
- 1977 Exhibition in Castelldefels (Barcelona, Spain)
- 1981 Exhibition at the Art Gallery of Corte-Ingles (Barcelona, Spain)
- 1982 Group exhibition at Art Gallery of Corte Ingles (Barcelona, Spain)
- 1983 Group exhibition at the Art Gallery Manuel Daza (Jerez de la Frontera, Spain)
- 1984-1990 Works for Mexico and Venezuela, in turn works auctioned in Canuda Gallery (Barcelona, Spain)
- 1991 Exhibition at the Contemporary Art Gallery Jorge Ontiveros (Madrid, Spain)
- 1992 Works in the Gallery Duran auctioned in Madrid and Barcelona (Spain)
- Art Exhibition in Santander (Spain)
- 1994 Exhibition in Art Gallery Concha Lopez Torredembarra (Tarragona, Spain)
- Group exhibition Art Gallery of the Corte Ingles (Madrid, Spain)
- Gallery Exhibition Androx (Vigo, Spain)
- Verd Verd and Exhibition on (Barcelona, Spain)
- 1995 Exhibition at the Galerie Elisabeth Nilson, Marbella (Malaga, Spain)
- Exhibition in Verd Verd and (Barcelona, Spain)
- Travel to Cuba to attend the Biennial Cuban Art
- Group exhibition at Art Gallery Concha Lopez Torredembarra (Tarragona, Spain)
- 1996 Group exhibition Museum of Contemporary Art Miami (Florida, USA)
- Museum of Contemporary Art Miami (Florida, USA), acquires a work.
- 1997 Exhibition in Art Gallery San Vicente (Valencia, Spain)
- 2000-2009 Corte Ingles Annual Exhibition (Madrid, Barcelona & Mallorca, Spain)
- 2010 Group Exhibition Colors Art Gallery (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Group exhibition Art Gallery Tue, Escolà group (Barcelona, Spain)
- 2011 Group Exhibition at the Shanghai International Art Fair (Shanghai, China)
- 2012 Group Exhibition at Los Angeles Art Show – California
- Exhibition at Mar Gallery- Barcelona, Spain
- Exhibition at Saduba Gallery—Zaragoza, Spain
- 2014 Exhibition at Sharon Art Gallery – Leon, Spain